15 October 2003
Circular 29/2003: Subsistence Allowances
A Dhuine Uasail
1. I am directed by the Minister for Finance to say that the standard rates of subsistence allowance in Ireland have been reviewed in accordance with an agreed recommendation made by the General Council under the scheme of conciliation and arbitration for the Civil Service (General Council Report 1432 refers). As a result, the Minister has agreed that the rates should be increased, with effect from 1 January 2003, to the amounts in the schedule overleaf.
2. In accordance with agreed recommendations of Departmental Councils, the subsistence allowances of certain Departmental grades should be revised to bring them into line with new rates. Where there are no equivalent allowances overleaf, the subsistence allowance for the appropriate Departmental grades should be increased by the following percentages with effect from 1 January 2003:
Overnight Stay 7.74%
Lunch (5 hour absence) 7.75%
Two Meal (absence of 10 hours or more) 7.75%
3. Payment of the rates authorised in this circular will be subject to the regulations issued with Circular 11/82 and any other instructions in force from time to time.
4. Heads of Departments should continue to ensure that only essential travel is undertaken and that the number of officers on any official journey is kept to the absolute minimum.
5. Any telephone enquiries about this Circular from Departments should be made to 604 5426 or 604 5448. Personal enquiries from individual officers should be addressed to the Personnel Unit of the employing Department/Office. This Circular is also available on the Departments website at www.finance.gov.ie
Mise le meas
DOMESTIC SUBSISTENCE RATES EFFECTIVE FROM 1 JANUARY 2003
|Night Allowances||Day Allowances|
|Allowances||Normal Rate||Reduced Rate||Detention Rate||10 hours or more||5 hours but less than 10 hours|
|A - Rate||€ 133.72||€ 123.28||€ 66.84||€ 37.90||€ 15.45|
|B - Rate||€ 120.15||€ 102.76||€ 60.10||€ 37.90||€ 15.45|
|C - Rate||€ 100.49||€ 83.14||€ 50.29||€ 37.90||€ 15.45|