Taoiseach’s Public Service Excellence Awards 2012
Public Service reform
The Taoiseach’s Public Service Excellence Awards are organised as part of the Government’sprogramme of Public Service reform.
The Awards are held every two years to recognise and reward examples of excellence in the delivery of public services and/or administration, by public servants. The purpose of the Awards is to seek out improvements and innovative activities from the public sector. Applications are invited from public servants who have initiated or designed one or more of the following:
- Improvement to services delivered to the citizen and business customers, including through engagement with customers;
- Innovation and creativity, through flexibility, teamworking, partnership and eGovernment; and / or
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency, including better use of resources and shared services.
Who can apply
Applications are invited in Irish or English, from all organizations within the Public Service. This includes organisations such as:
- Civil Service (Government Departments and Offices);
- Education Sector (Schools, VECs, Third Level Institutions, Bodies such as State Examinations Commission, etc.);
- Health Sector (HSE, Emergency Services, Public Hospitals, etc.);
- Justice Sector (Garda Síochána, Irish Prison Service; Courts Service, Probation Service, etc.);
- Local Government Sector (County and City Councils, Town Councils, etc.); or
- Other Public Service (Defence Forces, Utility Regulators, Non-Commercial State Bodies, etc.).
- The above list is not exhaustive and you can confirm your eligibility by contacting the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
How to apply
The application form is available to download here The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 21st October, 2011.
To request a hard copy of the application form or further information, please contact the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform by:
- e-mail: Awards2012@per.gov.ie
- telephone: 01-6045328 or
- write to: Natasha Cray
Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
7-9 Merrion Row
How will the recipients will be selected?
A selection committee will be established to agree the specific assessment criteria and evaluate all applications received. This committee will have an independent chair and will include members with experience of the Public Service.
What if you receive an award?
The Award recipients will be announced early in 2012. All 20 Award recipients will have an opportunity to present their projects in Dublin Castle, to coincide with the presentation of the Awards by the Taoiseach.
A summary of the successful projects have been compiled into the following brochures and available on the link below: